Sunday, March 28, 2010

Singapore, 2010

I just returned from the annual G12 conference in Singapore. As always, I was very blessed by the conference. A team of 30 attended from Mongolia--10 of them from our Christian Fellowship Church in UB. I was asked to translate again this year for the Mongolians.

One of the highlights of the trip was being able to travel and spend time with my Dad. He attended the conference as one of the leaders from Ulaan Baatar Mission Church. He turned 60 the day we arrived in Singapore.
I am always amazed by the love and humility of Pastor Khong, Pastor Nina and Pastor Castellanos as well as the other speakers. It is a huge blessing to learn from them during the conference as well as during times of meals and fellowship. They have a love for Mongolia that humbles me and challenges me to love and serve the Mongolian people even more.
The translation booth, where I spent most of the conference!

My dad, a dear friend, Pastor Steven and myself

During the conference God challenged me to believe for 1,000 members in our Darkhan church. We currently have about 220 members. It was strange because right before the conference the Lord had been teaching me that no matter how big the church, the main thing that concerned God was my personal relationship with Him. But when I let go and told God I would believe Him for 1000 souls this year, I experienced a breakthrough and an increase in my level of faith. It was so refreshing and freeing. We will put our faith in Him as we press on toward the goal of 1,000 souls in 2010!
Since last fall, Mel and I have been seeking God about pastoral training. At this point we feel that formal study is important for our future as ministers. A door has opened for me to study in Singapore at FCBC's Ministerial Training School from May to September of this year. We are still praying that our whole family will be able to go, and we ask that you also lift us up in prayer. In order to make this move we will need to up our monthly support by approximately $300.00 USD per month for the 4 months that we will live there. We also need to raise money of our airfare. About $3,000 USD will be needed for our round trip tickets. Please pray and seek God as to how you can be a part and help us reach our goal (donations can be made by clicking on the Paypal "donate" button on this page). Also please pray for us as we iron out all the details of a place to live and visas.
Thank you all so much for your prayers. You are all such a huge part of what God is doing in Mongolia and in our family. May God bless you all.

1 comments:

Sara A. said...

We are praying with you for all of these details. God is good and He is faithful. I pray that we all listen carefully as to how we can support you.

March 30, 2010 at 2:12 AM